Thanksgiving Recap

Tyler and I spent our first Thanksgiving as a married couple :) in Vermont with my dad's extended family. While we missed our family in CA, we were really excited to try something new and visit Vermont. We headed up Wednesday afternoon by train from Penn Station. The ride wasn't too bad as we used the time to get a bunch of stuff done. Tyler worked on his school work and napped and I used the time to address all of our Christmas cards.

The train was definitely more pleasant than flying, but it took us almost as long as it would have been to fly to the west coast (7 hours!). We were suppose to arrive at 9pm; however, we had to wait for a freight train to pass and didn't end up arriving into Rutland, VT until 10:15pm.

On Thursday, we woke up and just hung out at my godparents, Jayne and Rick's, house. It was so nice to relax and just hang out with everyone. They have an awesome house with lots of animals including 5 horses. Tyler and I spent a while hanging out in the barn feeding the horses and then took their dog for a long walk before the rest of our family came over for Thanksgiving dinner.

My Aunt Jayne and her mom, Joan, cooked an amazing dinner! Here's a picture of the entire gang around the dinner table.

After stuffing our faces with dinner and dessert, all of the cousins retreated to the den to play a game. We had ages 6-26 trying to play a trivia game, which was absolutely hilarious! After a few hours of playing games, it was time to head to bed.

After sleeping for 11 hours, we decided to get up and be active! Some of my family packed up and headed out for a nice walk. We loaded the dogs into the truck and all piled in to head to a trail. The scary part was my 15 year old cousin (who just got his permit) drove us! Here's Braeden behind the wheel!

It was a gorgeous day in Vermont and the walk was just what we all needed. It was pretty muddy, but it was nice to get out of the house.

After a while, we all got hungry and decided to head home for leftovers and naps...real lively group! I couldn't believe it, but Tyler and I slept another 3 hours before heading to my other cousins' house, John and Suzanne, for dinner. Here's a picture of some of the cousins playing in the family room before dinner.
Dinner was absolutely hilarious and everyone enjoyed themselves! After stuffing our faces two nights in a row, we headed back to Jayne and Rick's for our last night in Vermont. Thanks McGarrys for such a great Thanksgiving...we had a ball!

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates